Top 10 Profitable Businesses to Start From Home in the UK
Starting a business in the United Kingdom these days is not as difficult as it used to be. This is because of the rise of online commerce and all the business tools and resources that are associated with it. And of course, there’s the fact that the capital needed to start a business venture from scratch has significantly gone down. With just a few thousand pounds, you can start a small business and launch it within a short period of time. If you’re planning to start a business anytime soon, below are some venture ideas that you can explore. Also included in the list are the estimated profit percentages associated with the venture.
1. Real Estate Agents (15.19%) – All you need to start a real estate brokerage firm is an agent or a brokerage license. The returns can be very lucrative especially if the economy is doing well and the value of properties go up.
2. Ecommerce Website (15.10%) – The biggest advantage of building an ecommerce website is that you don’t need much to launch it. You can have a complete website built and launched for under 100 pounds. Another benefit of ecommerce is that you can choose to either sell other people’s products through affiliate marketing or you can create your own products and keep most of the profits.
3. Automotive Rental or Leasing (14.55%) – With more people getting disenfranchised by traffic and commuting, now would be the perfect time to offer automotive rental services. You can start with a few cars and when things go well, you can slowly expand your services.
4. Legal Services (14.48%) – This has very low operating costs. And if you’re good, you can accumulate a lot of repeat clients. You can also branch out to notary services.
5. Industrial Machinery and Equipment Rental (12.58%) – This can be very profitable especially if you live in an industrial region where there’s a boom in construction projects. The only drawback of this business is that you are going to need a huge initial capital.
6. Business and Management Consulting (12.05%) – Business consulting is in huge demand these days especially with the rise of online commerce. There are companies and human resource managers out there who badly need advice from business consultants.
7. Design Services (11.4%) – The creative industry caters to a huge market. You can focus your attention on a specific niche like graphic design, industrial design, product design, or illustration.
8. Office Administrative Services (11.3%) – Businesses and companies from all over the world are always looking for third parties to manage their administrative operations. You can offer services like record keeping, billing, or even financial planning.
9. Social Media Management Services (11.2%) – Social media is big business right now. Social media presence is a very important aspect of marketing these days that it has grown into a separate industry. Starting a social media marketing firm is easy and you don’t need a lot of capital.
10. Technical Consulting Services (11%) – Almost all businesses these days are in one way or another in need of technical support. This is where you come in with your technical consulting services.
When it comes to returns on your investment or capital, these are the most profitable business sectors in the country today. Needless to say, you should trail your sight on these sectors if you have plans of starting your own business. You have better chances of achieving success if you focus your attention on these sectors.