COURIERS’ TAX RETURNS
Online shopping is one of the most developing segments in business. The development of online shopping has led to the creation of more jobs. One of the tasks that online shopping has created is courier freelancing.
How To Become A Freelance Courier
The first thing you need for you to work as a freelance courier is a van. You can use your van, or if you don’t have, you can hire. A freelancer courier can take jobs from courier companies like UPS or FedEx. Also, if you are capable, you can begin your own courier company.
Pros and Cons of The Two Courier Options.
– If you have to work under any other courier service as a freelancer, you will have no worry about how you will source for clients. However, your agreement with these companies will always tie you down.
– If you begin your own courier business, you will have the freedom to choose the clients you can work for, and you will put in a lot of efforts. Your inputs either hard work or finances would determine how many clients you will get.
How to Advertise Your Courier Services
Are you planning to begin your own courier services company? There are a few tips that may be helpful you can use to get clients. Some of the techniques are:
– Develop a website. Developing a professional website will help in boosting the credibility of your company. You can list your services on the website and also the prices for your services. Also, the site is a good point where you can communicate with your clients.
– Social networking. There are a lot of social media platforms with steady users which you can use to grow your business. You can run adverts on these platforms where you can target individuals looking for freelance courier services. You can use Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram or Twitter to create your market base.
– Business cards. A freelancer can design and printout business cards. The cards should show your services, names and also contact details. You can then give the cards to your friends, family members, and even potential clients.
– Create adverts. Not everyone uses social media. You can use local advertising as your medium of communication. Adverts are cheaper and quickly meet your target audience.
How To Become Better in Your Courier Services
If you begin your own courier company, the better you are at your job, the chances of getting more clients are higher. Some of the skills that some of the best couriers have are:
– Stick to deadlines. Once customers purchase or request for goods, they usually need them in a short time. Due to the loads of packages you have to deliver, it would be wise to create a plan which will allow you to
stick to their schedules.
– Have adequate knowledge of the streets. In case your navigation system breaks down during your deliveries, you need to have sufficient experience of every street. It will help you to keep time even without a nav system.
– Stay fit. Since you will be spending a lot of time sitting in your van, you need to be healthy. Also, you will need to be fit for you to load and off-load your van.
– Be a good driver. This is one of the essential requirements that you need. You should have a valid driving license and also stick to the Highway Rules.
Accounting as a Courier.
There are a lot of benefits that you will enjoy in being a freelance courier. However, as a freelancer, there is one major challenge which is accounting. If you are employed, your tax is taken care of in the PAYE form. As a freelancer, You have to prepare your financial records and pay for the Self-assessment tax return. It’s done annually, and it may be challenging for you. It can distract you from your busy delivery schedules.
Getting Accountancy and Tax Advice.
You can contact GM :Professional accountants to prepare your the financial records at the end of the year. We specialise in this sector and provide bookkeeping, tax return services and company accounting services. For the courier agency to operate smoothly, we will provide general tax advice on accounting and tax returns. It will be perfect if you keep your records up to date each month as this will allow you to make an informed decision.