Accounting and Tax Return information for Private Limited Companies

Information of Accounting and Tax Returns for Private Limited Companies

At the end of its financial year, your limited company must file full statutory annual accounts.

You then use this information to:

  • Send accounts to Companies House
  • Pay the Corporation Tax – or inform HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that your limited company doesn’t owe any

File a Company Tax Return to HMRC

Submit annual accounts with Companies House 9 months after your year end

Make Payment for Corporation Tax 9 months and 1 day after your year end

submit a Company Tax Return 12 months after your  year ends

The deadlines are for private limited companies.

Your Corporation Tax and Company Tax Return deadlines may be the same if your accounting period is different to your financial year.

If you need more time to file your accounts

Accounting and Tax Returns for Private Limited Companies

Companies House may extend your accounts year end deadline if both:

  • an event you couldn’t control that stops you from sending your accounts
  • apply for a extension before the filing deadline

Email or write to Companies House, explaining what has happened and how much more time you’ll need to file your accounts.


For more information on Accounting and Tax Returns for Private Limited Companies contact GM Professional Accountants today on 0208 396 6128

GM professional Accountants are Accountants based in London, our Tax advisors are specialists in small businesses and self employed individuals. we offer the whole package from registering you as self employed to bookkeeping services as well as the final accounts and tax returns. Manor park office address, 47 Gladstone Avenue, Manor park, London, E12 6NR, Ilford office address, 14 Clements Court, Clements lane,Ilford,Essex,IG1 2QY Tel: 0208 396 6128,
Call Now