Landlord Accountants London

Landlord and Rental Property Accountants

GM Professional Accountants work with a variety of property portfolios including landlords who own by-to-let properties, property investors, housing associations and property developers.

Whether you are a rental property landlord, an experienced by-to-let landlord or simply just renting your home, GM Professional Accountants specialise in the field for landlords and property rentals, as all of our clients recommend their peers to use our accountancy services. We are always here to guide and advise you on your tax returns.

You should make sure you are aware of your financial requirements, whatever your current financial situation is. Our specialist accountants will keep your books and tax returns up to date and in agreement with the Regulatory Authority, keeping you up-to-date with regulations and changes in legislations and update you with latest financial amendments in your interest.

GM Professional Accountants years of experience serving landlords and property rental businesses allows us to advise you on ways that suit your accounting and taxation affairs.

Tax implications

Things landlords need to know about income tax and capital gains tax liabilities:

Income Tax

Rental income: you will have to pay income tax on this, after deducting your expenses. Your income will be the totals of the income you earn during the year, including your rental income, to calculate your tax liabilities. This must be declared in your Self Assessment Tax Return every year.

You can decrease your tax bill significantly by claiming expenses wholly and exclusively for your business. This includes, for example, mortgage interest payments (if you have a buy-to-let mortgage), maintenance cost or letting agent fees.

Capital Gains Tax

You will have to pay Capital Gains Tax on any properties sold (not your main home), this includes rental properties, only if you have made a profit from the sale of the property.

What can our Landlord and Rental Property Accountants do for you?

GM Professional Accountants Landlord and Rental Property Accountants can offer you a wide range of services to support, guide and advise you with all the aspect related to your rental activity:

  • Rental accounts
  • Self Assessment tax return
  • Capital gains tax submission and planning
  • Annual tax on enveloped dwellings (ATED)
  • Property tax advice, tax planning and tax consultancy
  • Property VAT planning and advice
  • Splitting companies with both trading and property investment activities
  • Unlimited tax advice

Our experienced accountants will work close with you through a welcoming, yet professional accountancy service, in order to advise you with all your property tax returns needs. Visit GM Professional Accountants sector base page for any other queries. Any queries on your Tax Returns, Tax advice on your rental property, then do not hesitate to contact GM Professional Accountants.